Help thousands of individuals and families get the most from their tax returns! Free Tax Prep is a proud part of United Way’s Driving the Dream initiative to improve the lives of individuals & families, helping people move out of poverty & see their dreams come true.
You can volunteer and make a dramatic difference for people in poverty. Help people in need drive their dreams of financial freedom and peace of mind with United Way’s Free Tax Prep program. Imagine assisting a family with three children with over $6,300 in tax credits to help escape poverty and make their dreams come true (based on 2017 EITC maximum credit amounts, IRS). United Way Free Tax Prep is helping thousands of households across the Mid-South with less than $54,000 of income, and we need your help!
Volunteers are wanted and training sessions begin in November 2018. Learn more about open volunteer positions and training dates. Sign up for an orientation or training date using Volunteer United.
Apply TODAY! by downloading the application and following the instructions to submit or submit the form below.
Join us! Call today and begin one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. To request additional information and arrange training, please contact Janet Haas at 901.433.4333.
Free Tax Prep Volunteer Application
Days of Caring is the community’s largest volunteer-driven service opportunity and the most impactful week of the year! Each year, United Way of the Mid-South equips more than 1,600 volunteers to dig in and get their hands dirty, benefiting over 50 nonprofits with more than 100 projects all across the Mid-South. To jumpstart a hard week of work, volunteers will celebrate at one of the Days of Caring Block Parties in one of our counties. They will be joined by other community-minded people for an unforgettable afternoon of fun. The week just wouldn’t get off to the right start without a pep rally to thank everyone for coming together to serve! Join us to be part of the change YOU want to see in the Mid-South community.
In partnership with…
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
- An Evening on the River (Memphis River Parks Partnership)
- 9/11 Day of Service (Army/Navy Park Clean-up)
- Floor Revitalization (Hope House)
- Sound the Alarm. Save a Life. (American Red Cross)
- Help us Work the FFL booth at Cooper-Young Festival (Friends for Life)
- Day of Beautification (Memphis Recovery Center)
- Fall Fix-It for Veterans (Alpha Omega Veterans Services)
- Front Porch Makeover (Hope House)
- 9/11 Day of Service (Overton Park Veteran’s Plaza Park Clean-up)
- 9/11 Day of Service (Spanish-American War Memorial Park Clean-up)
- Expansion Prep! (Memphis Child Advocacy Center)
- 9/11 Day of Service (US Coast Guard Park Clean-up)
- 309 Project (Grace House of Memphis)