The United Way Plaza has the workspace for you! Our goal has always been to provide solutions for Memphians in order to improve the quality of life and uplift the community we serve.
THE SECOND FLOOR
The Second Floor @ United Way is part of the United Way Plaza, located within The Heights Business Park — we are less than 10 minutes from downtown Memphis.
Now this quiet, well-appointed office center is available to YOU! We are close enough to the downtown core to help you network effectively and yet our campus maintains the quiet, secure feeling of being far from the distractions of crowded venues. Sometimes the road less traveled leads to success… and, in this city, that road leads to “The Second Floor”.
“The Second Floor” offers independent entrepreneurs the opportunity to access workspace at very competitive prices. We know that one of the greatest needs of the small non-profit agency is access to office space which is safe, beautiful and flexible. The Second Floor has the answers for your business!
From the security of our gated campus, we can offer the creative business owner flexible options for leasing space, the amenities they will need to thrive and all of the comforts associated with any exceptional location. The Second Floor offers space for meetings of any size; the office equipment necessary to get your projects off the ground; as well as an atmosphere in which any business can grow and thrive. We can offer all these solutions and yet at a cost which the creative, productive small business can afford. Located on the “The Second Floor” of this gorgeous building every aspect of what we offer is absolutely first rate!
RESERVING A MEETING SPACE
- Rooms are available M-F from 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Carefully review our Terms and Conditions contract – please ask us questions!
- For optimal availability, book at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Available room descriptions are to your right.
- Rooms are available for business meeting purposes only – we do not allow the use of our space for receptions and alcohol is not allowed on the premises.
Step #1: Review Terms & Conditions to learn about user responsibilities and restrictions. We do hold groups accountable, so please review carefully.
Step #2: Complete the Meeting Request Form.
Step #3: You will receive a response no later than 48 hours following your submission. Please allow us this time to check our availability. However, contact us if you haven’t heard anything after 2 days.
Amenities include access to high quality workspace with furnished offices, wi-fi, coffee, professional development opportunities and events, private meeting space, gated parking and inspiring patios.
EXECUTIVE OFFICE LEASE RATE: $475+ Monthly
Great for executives in need of a workplace on an annual basis with these amenities: access to high quality workspace with furnished offices, wi-fi, private meeting space, gated parking and patio areas.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Available Rooms
- Revocation and Refusal of Authorization for Use
- Indemnification and Liability
- Food and Beverage
- Room Configuration
- Other Restrictions
- Conduct & Care of Property
- Use of Projection Equipment
All available rooms below feature tables, chairs, projection equipment/capabilities.
- Community Room
- Executive Dining Room—seats up to 12 adults
Use of meeting rooms may be prohibited or terminated at any time if the activity or conduct planned or occurring in the facility is or is deemed to be disruptive, or interferes with the purpose of the United Way Plaza. The privilege of using meeting rooms will not be granted or will be revoked if the activities negatively impact normal operations, and include, for example:
- Disruptive behavior:
- Use any equipment (including cell phones) that interferes with the Foundation’s operations.
- Conduct meetings in a noisy, disorderly or inflammatory manner
- Allow activities that impede the Foundation’s purpose
- Use illegal substances
- Violation of any of the Terms & Conditions
- Leaving the room in disarray
- Leaving trash in the receptacles
- Leaving the room without returning the furniture to its original configuration
- Failure to cancel at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled meeting time
Organizations or individuals using meeting rooms shall indemnify and hold harmless the United Way Plaza and its officers, directors, agents and employees from and against all losses, damages, claims, costs and expenses arising from injury or death of any person(s), or damage to property resulting from any act or omission of such users or their employees, agents, representatives, guests, invitees or the general public to the extent that such losses, damages, claims, costs and expenses arise in connection with or relate to the organization’s or individual’s use of the facility.
The United Way Plaza assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen items or damage to vehicles in the parking lot.
Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere on the premises.
Users are responsible for:
Being on the premises to receive any catered food being delivered.
- Must use an approved caterer.
- Reporting any spills immediately to a UWP staff member.
- No red punch allowed on the premises.
- Bringing EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED. This includes food, beverages and all paper supplies, coffee and coffee-related supplies, cups, plates, napkins, soft drinks, food items, utensils, coolers, etc.
- Collecting trash in trash bags and taking them to dumpster in front of the building.
- Foundation utensils are not to be moved or used.
Meeting setup and cleanup are within the hours of scheduled room availability.
Ask permission from our staff to move any furniture.
- Staff is not responsible for setting up or rearranging the room.
- Before you leave, return the room to the original configuration.
- Meeting attendees are to use the designated meeting area(s) only – the lobby is not available for breakout meetings.
- We do not make copies for guests
- Do not adhere anything to walls, curtains, blinds, tables, etc.
- No craft supplies: paint, glitter, glue, etc.
- All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times; we do not have any provisions for them.
The United Way Plaza reserves exclusive rights to determine the replacement value for any property that may be damaged.
- An authorized representative of the group reserving the meeting room must remain on the premises and be responsible for room cleanup.
- That onsite contact must explain these guidelines to meeting participants.
- You must clean up following your meeting – this includes taking out the trash if you provided food.
We do have projection capabilities in each of our meeting spaces.
You must provide your own laptop and you must be knowledgeable on how to connect that laptop to a projector. It is your responsibility to know your laptop’s settings for projection. It is not the responsibility of the Foundation staff to set up your laptop with our projection equipment, although we are available to assist.
- Do not change any settings on our projector.
- Do not move podium.
- We do have various cords and adapters (VGA and HDMI) to accommodate a range of devices, however, we encourage you to bring your own.
- We suggest that individuals using the projection equipment arrive with ample time to troubleshoot any potential issues, however, that early set up must be accounted for in the time initially reserved
Meeting rooms are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Meeting setup and cleanup are within the hours of scheduled room availability. Rooms are available for business meeting purposes only. We do not allow the use of our space for receptions and alcohol is not allowed on the premises.
For more information or for a tour, contact:
Manager, Tenant and Community Relations
United Way of the Mid-South
1005 Tillman Street, Memphis, TN 38112
GP CELLULOSE DONATES MEMPHIS OFFICE BUILDING TO UNITED WAY OF THE MID-SOUTH
“GP Cellulose is thrilled to help United Way of the Mid-South strengthen its support to the region through this building donation,” said Pat Boushka, president of GP Cellulose. “We believe that giving back to the communities where we operate is a key social component of our sustainability initiatives as strong communities make life better for everyone – our employees, neighbors and customers, so as we worked together to develop this opportunity, it was a natural fit.”
“An incredibly generous donation like this provides an unprecedented opportunity for us. Not only will our relocation to our new offices allow us to be a more efficient organization, but it will also immediately change the narrative about what United Way means to the communities we serve, like North Binghampton,” said Dr. Kenneth S. Robinson, President & CEO of United Way of the Mid-South.“As we’ve recently entered a new season of leadership in our organization, moving into this neighborhood opens the door to new partnerships which will have a very meaningful, direct impact on the lives of families right here in the heart of the Mid-South,” Robinson said.