United Way of the Mid-South is working to mobilize over a thousand volunteers to “impact lives, neighborhoods, and nonprofits” with its annual Days of Caring service week, September 10th – 15th.
Days of Caring volunteers will pitch in on a wide range of service opportunities with more than 50 local nonprofits. There are various indoor and outdoor projects to choose from: cleanups and painting, meals stops and food pantry support, reading in a preschool classroom, and more. Organize a group of friends or coworkers and choose how you’ll make an impact.
Examples of Opportunities
- An evening on the river helping the Memphis River Parks Partnership paint railings along riverfront parks.
- A day on the farm with Girls Inc. of Memphis.
- Giving the front porch of Hope House a makeover.
- Working the Friends for Life booth during Cooper Young Festival.
- Meet some therapy horses and tidy up at Southern Reins Center for Equine Therapy.
- Assembling books for Memphis Athletic Ministries’ Literacy Program.