United Way of the Mid-South
Department/Division: Community Impact
Reports to: Director, Community Impact
Employment Status: Exempt
FLSA Status: Full Time, Temporary
United Way of the Mid-South is a multi-million-dollar non-profit, public charitable foundation that mobilizes financial and human resources, across 8-counties, to meet critical needs and to help ensure that hundreds of thousands of Mid-Southerners can achieve their highest potential. We support high-performing nonprofit agencies that are on the front lines fighting to decrease poverty in our community by addressing the essential building blocks for success – education, financial stability, and health – while maintaining vital safety net services in food, shelter, and safety for individuals facing crisis situations. By joining United Way of the Mid-South, you are uniting with a team that is moving the needle on poverty and making our community a place where everyone can thrive.
The Specialist has responsibilities to assist in the implementation and monitoring of United Way’s role in the Free Tax Prep program. 100% of the Specialist’s full-time, temporary position is dedicated to FTP initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Program Management: FTP site liaison, direct technical assistance, data collection, survey process liaison, quality review of site operations, facilitation of locations, technology distribution, and supply request management.
- Volunteer Management: Assist in volunteer recruitment, training, retention, tracking/reporting, and appreciation activities.
- FTP Site Coordinator Management: Assists in the coordination of the assignment of the Site Coordinators and Assistant Coordinators, including oversight of mobile tax site operation, scheduling, facilities coordination, equipment coordination, and reporting, Assist with reporting to IRS and other entities.
- Administer and coordinate UWMS tax preparation sites operated by United Way of the Mid-South.
- Manage all aspects of the tax sites to ensure superior quality and service to clients.
- Manage the scheduling and operations of the West TN Mobiles sites #1 and #2.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required. Additional education and nonprofit experience a plus.
- IRS Volunteer Standards of Conduct, Intake/ Interview/Quality Review, Site Coordinator, advanced IRS Tax Law, HSA and Military certifications required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as public speaking skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines, tasks, and projects efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A high level of personal motivation, initiative, integrity, and a good sense of humor.
- Strong sense of the value of working collaboratively and with a diverse group of people.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to exercise good judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Passion for the work of United Way and the ability to represent the values and mission of United Way.
- Proficient and relevant knowledge and skills with a focus on Google Suite, MicroSoft Office, and project management software.
This position requires the employee to be able to lift 30 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion, and to reach using arms and hands. The position may also require significant walking and capability to climb stairs. The employee will need to have the ability to talk to and hear customers during events. Specific visual abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. There may be additional physical requirements associated with off-site corporate or volunteer events.
United Way of the Mid-South is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way of the Mid-South will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
This position requires a valid Driver’s License, car insurance and reliable transportation. The position also requires flexible hours outside of normal business hours and some local travel to meet with partners.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
United Way Core Competencies for ALL Staff
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to the mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before the process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com