United Way of the Mid-South
Where there's a you, there's a way!
Department/Division: Resource Development
Reports to: Manager, Annual Giving
Employment Status: Full-Time (Seasonal 13 Weeks / July 1 – November 22) Staggered Times
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
United Way of the Mid-South is a multi-million-dollar non-profit, public charitable foundation that mobilizes financial and human resources, across 8-counties, to meet critical needs and to help ensure that hundreds of thousands of Mid-Southerners can achieve their highest potential. We support high-performing nonprofit agencies that are on the front lines fighting to decrease poverty in our community by addressing the essential building blocks for success – education, financial stability, and health – while maintaining vital safety net services in food, shelter, and safety for individuals facing crisis situations. By joining United Way of the Mid-South, you are uniting with a team that is moving the needle on poverty and making our community a place where everyone can thrive.
Campaign Representatives (CRs) will work closely with the internal United Way of the Mid-South (UWMS) staff to assist Employee Engagement Champions (EECs) to lead successful United Way campaigns. CRs will demonstrate leadership, fundraising, and teamwork skills to support UWMS’s commitment to excellent customer service with local organizations, businesses, and individuals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist internal Resource Development Managers in achieving established fundraising goals.
- Support Employee Engagement Champions in executing employee campaigns.
- Provide organizational and administrative support, including providing appropriate materials, scheduling speakers and deliveries, and scheduling agency tours
- Monitor campaigns during their duration to provide any assistance necessary
- Speak and present on behalf of United Way of the Mid-South to communicate our vision and mission to increase the number of contributions
- Write and deliver speeches that engage the audience, communicate our story in a compelling way, and influence potential donors to give
- Follow through on all assigned accounts
- Have a positive attitude and a customer service mindset.
- Maintain a high-volume workload, organizing overlapping events.
- Execute work with a high attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Handle confidential materials in a professional manner.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
- Complete a debrief session for each account and document feedback.
- Bachelor’s Degrees or Associate’s degree preferred.
- Prior fundraising experience preferred.
- Computer literate with experience in MicroSoft Office, Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs.
- Communicate effectively via phone, email, and face-to-face.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in the CRM system.
This position requires the employee to be able to lift 30 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion, and to reach using arms and hands. The position may also require significant walking and capability to climb stairs. The employee will need to have the ability to talk to and hear customers during events. Specific visual abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. There may be additional physical requirements associated with off-site corporate or volunteer events.
United Way of the Mid-South is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way of the Mid-South will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Flexible hours are required as job duties demand. Must have a valid Driver’s License, car insurance, and reliable transportation. Must have personal cell phone to communicate outside of the office.
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
CAMPAIGN REPRESENTATIVE AND SPEAKER COMPETENTIES:
- EFFECTIVE FUNDRAISING: The Campaign Representative & Speaker is donor focused and results-driven, with a relentless focus on gaining financial resources to support United Way’s mission and community impact strategic objectives.
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: The Campaign Representative & Speaker develops and maintains relationships that generate the financial resources necessary to support United Way’s mission. Builds trust and donor commitment to United Way.
- ENTREPRENEURIAL AND INNOVATIVE: The Campaign Representative & Speaker creatively seeks new opportunities to generate revenue and other resources that add greater value to the organization and the community including the ability to understand and contribute to the product development process, able to assess donor’s interest and accurately convey those to cross-functional team.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND SALES: The Campaign Representative & Speaker plans, implements, and evaluates business development and sales efforts. Uses multiple methods and various sources of information to identify and approach prospective donors, maintain positive relationships with existing donors, and bring organizational resources to bear on achieving donor and impact goals.
- BUSINESS ACUMEN & STRATEGIC DIRECTION: Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of the United Way network. Understands the business of the organization and effectively creates strategy. Understands the community and its business environment.
- OUTWARD TURNING: Develops relationships to benefit United Way and the community; knows key players in community and is diligent in maintaining and expanding the network of partners. Is an effective spokesperson for United Way and its work; is present and visible in the community and with partners (donors, volunteers…); engages, listens and understands community aspirations.
United Way Core Competencies
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, and three references (with phone numbers) to the attention of email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your correspondence.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org