Website United Way of the Mid-South
Department/Division: Driving the Dream/Community Impact
Reports to: Associate Director, Data and Quality Improvement
United Way of the Mid-South is a multi-million-dollar non-profit, public charitable foundation that mobilizes financial and human resources, across 8-counties, to meet critical needs and to help ensure that hundreds of thousands of Mid-Southerners can achieve their highest potential. We support high-performing nonprofit agencies that are on the front lines fighting to decrease poverty in our community by addressing the essential building blocks for success – education, financial stability, and health – while maintaining vital safety net services in food, shelter, and safety for individuals facing crisis situations. By joining United Way of the Mid-South, you are uniting with a team that is moving the needle on poverty and making our community a place where everyone can thrive.
The Data and Quality Improvement (DQI) Team supports the operations of the DTD network of partner agencies by identifying areas of success and opportunities for growth within the network. The DTD DQI team also drives the adoption of technology solutions through development of novel tools, implementation of existing tools, and end user training. The DTD DQI Associate supports the business functions of the DQI Team by providing quality assurance and individual client/end user interactions. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, organized, quick-learner with a strong qualitative inquiry skill set.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather representative samples of client records for inquiry
- Disseminate client satisfaction surveys through appropriate channels (mail, e-mail)
- Conduct telephone interviews with selected clients
- Conduct and record the results of qualitative Care Coordination case file reviews
- Organize and provide written and visual reports on qualitative data
- Create regular data visualization reports based on available data
- Work to combine qualitative and quantitative data to propose insights into DTD performance
- Provide quality assurance for published data reports
- Understand the business rules associated with each report
- Generate a sample of report records for review
- Review reports prior to publication for completeness and accuracy
- Report findings to the DQI supervisor for consideration
- Support DTD end users
- Conduct end user training sessions
- Provide timely customer support for end user issues
- Submit identified system issues to system administrator for resolution
- Identify opportunities for improved network performance
- Critically assess the effectiveness of job processes
- Develop proposals and implementation plans for improved performance
- Deliver and defend proposals
- Carry out implementation plans
- Engage in learning opportunities and technical training
- Identify areas of opportunity for personal growth
- Undertake assigned training diligently
- Seek feedback on performance and perceived barriers to growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology/Applied Psychology, Anthropology, Marketing, Economics, social science or other related discipline preferred.
- Two years of work experience in the non-profit sector and/or one of the following areas: performance management, continuous quality improvement, program evaluation, or research. A Master’s degree in a related discipline may serve in place of this experience requirement, pending review.
- Ability to conduct thorough qualitative inquiry, such as in-depth interviews, focus groups, ethnographic research, content analysis, and case study research.
- Demonstrated ability to derive insights from qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to quickly learn on the job; open to developing new skills and expertise.
- Ability to use data visualization as a tool for communicating insights about data.
- Ability to present software systems trainings and demonstrations clearly and effectively.
- Ability to interact directly with clients cordially and respectfully.
- Ability to grasp complex business logic and identify potential inconsistencies.
- Proficiency with one or more office software suites (Microsoft Office, Google Docs, LibreOffice, iWork, etc.)
- Expert communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Results Oriented.
This position requires the employee to be able to lift 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to use finger and hand motion, and to reach using arms and hands. The position may also require significant walking and capability to climb stairs. The employee will need to have the ability to talk to and hear customers during events. Specific visual abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. There may be additional physical requirements associated with off-site corporate or volunteer events.
United Way of the Mid-South is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way of the Mid-South will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
This position must be willing to work flexible hours outside of normal business hours with some local travel to meet with partners. Must have valid Driver’s License, car insurance and reliable transportation. Must have personal cell phone to communicate outside of the office.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Occasional travel or work outside normally assigned work hours may be required in order to complete the requirements of this position.
- Drive for Stakeholder Success
- Effective Communication
- Adaptability and Change Management
- Cross-Functional Capability and Collaboration
- Deep Community Expertise
- Advocacy and Public Policy
United Way Core Competencies
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to the mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before the process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org