United Way of the Mid-South
United Way of the Mid-South is a multi-million-dollar non-profit, public charitable foundation that mobilizes financial and human resources, across 8-counties, to meet critical needs and to help ensure that hundreds of thousands of Mid-Southerners can achieve their highest potential. We support high-performing nonprofit agencies that are on the front lines fighting to decrease poverty in our community by addressing the essential building blocks for success – education, financial stability, and health – while maintaining vital safety net services in food, shelter, and safety for individuals facing crisis situations. By joining United Way of the Mid-South, you are uniting with a team that is moving the needle on poverty and making our community a place where everyone can thrive.
UWMS is hiring a DTD Agency Relationship Associate to support the Agency Relationship Manager and assist in the development, engagement, recruitment and support of DTD referral network agencies. We are looking for an engaged, dynamic individual who will thrive in this environment. The ideal candidate is a flexible, well-organized, team player who has excellent computer and administrative skills, is comfortable interacting with all levels of internal and external customers, and is able to successfully support the fast-paced work of senior-level colleagues. Candidates must be knowledgeable of postsecondary education, training, and certification programs, as well as existing local workforce partnerships.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Agency Relationship Manager to provide intensive direct support to a portfolio of DTD network partner agencies.
- Assist the Agency Relationship Manager to establish new service partnerships to fill gaps in available services and therefore increasing the total referrals to DTD partner agencies.
- Conduct internet topical literature research as needed to assist with meeting department goals and outcomes.
- Communicate across all levels of the operation with a great degree of respect and collegiality.
- Present DTD/UW to potential partnerships through monthly meetings.
- Assist Manager with targeted communications, site visits, lunch and learns, uncovering opportunities to foster and grow relationships with partners.
- Assist with managing day to day relationships with key agency/partner leaders and teams to ensure ongoing and active engagement in the DTD Network.
- Assist with the development and support implementation of innovative processes and events to foster and strengthen relationships with agencies/partners.
- Assess individual and group dynamics, and successfully navigate conflict to create a productive work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Education, Social Work, Public Administration or other related fields.
- Three years of experience working in the human services field.
- Demonstrated commitment to the field and a passion for serving under-served and under-resourced individuals, families and/or communities; particularly people living in poverty.
- Quick learner, possessing superior judgment.
- Good sense of humor and ability to work well under pressure.
This job requires the individual to be able to lift 25 pounds and be able to maneuver a mobile cart for supplies and materials. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. The position may also require significant walking and capacity to climb stairs, and the ability to talk to and hear customers during events. Specific visual abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The job requires computer work and attention to detail. There may be additional physical requirements associated with off-site events.
United Way of the Mid-South is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions. United Way of the Mid-South will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
This position must be willing to work flexible hours outside of normal business hours with some local travel to meet with partners. Must have valid Driver’s License, car insurance and reliable transportation. Must have personal cell phone to communicate outside of the office.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Community Impact (CI) Competencies
STRATEGIC COMMUNITY COLLABORATION
- Creates Strategic Partnerships: Knows the needs, interests, and values of the communities and community leaders; Uses knowledge and expertise about community needs and stakeholders to identify, recruit, engage, and convene strategic and diverse groups of stakeholders
- Manages Conflict Effectively: Manages conflict and tensions between collaboration and competition; Engages constituents in a constructive way to resolve conflict; Identifies and advances win-win solutions to improve lives in communities.
- Is Culturally Astute: Values, is sensitive and appreciates the differences and similarities across communities; Advocates for and supports efforts to increase inclusiveness and diversity in community impact efforts, especially those involving vulnerable communities; Understands, communicates, and works effectively and respectfully across demographics, socioeconomic, language, and all other constituents that represent diverse cultures of communities.
DEEP COMMUNITY EXPERTISE
- Gathers Data: Understands, analyzes, and uses community and social data to create effective community solutions; Asks insightful and provocative questions regarding community needs, resources, and values.
- Interprets Data: Explains data for RD and CME professionals to turn into stories, reports and powerful messages to engage donors. Anticipates risks and creates solutions and plans to effectively manage the issues.
- Thinks Critically: Develops criteria for making decisions that impact the community; Weighs the costs, benefits, risks, and changes for successes when making decisions; Facilitates the groupthink process by breaking down complex problems and situations.
- Develops Solutions: Uses and translates data to create clear objectives and action plans; Uses analysis and critical thinking skills to solve problems; Understands agency and partner constraints and works around those constraints or uses the challenges they present as opportunities; Synthesizes information and interacts in a positive way to get to a solution.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
- Develops Strategy: Collaborates with RD and CME to understand and jointly establish target goals and outcomes; Conducts research and develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Identifies United Way and other community partners’ roles in strategy implementation.
- Defines New and Innovative Products: Based on strategically relevant data, seeks to create products and services that are new and useful; Identifies potential community impact products; Chooses which strategies to frame as products based on their unique value to United Way and potential investors.
United Way Core Competencies for ALL Staff
- Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to the mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
- Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before the process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, and three references (with phone numbers) to the attention of email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your correspondence.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org