EMERGING LEADERS UNITED
Emerging Leaders United (ELU) is a network of young professionals (ages 21-40) who share a passion for advancing community solutions and ensuring everyone in the Mid-South has an opportunity to thrive. These compassionate, committed game changers are on a mission to encourage the spirit philanthropy, community advocacy, volunteerism and leadership. ELU is the group of choice for community-minded, young adults who are changing the game and transforming the Mid-South community. Through unique networking events, innovation clusters, hands-on volunteering opportunities, and novel leadership trainings, members leverage the power of United Way to connect, serve, and grow – both personally and professionally. Join this movement of game changers as they lead the fight against poverty in our community today to help drive the dreams of tomorrow.
What We Do:United Way Emerging Leaders is a society of young professionals under the age of 40. These are leaders who want to make a lasting change in our community through meaningful volunteer experiences, networking events, fundraising, and professional development workshops. Members have opportunities to tour United Way partner agencies and see their work first-hand, gaining a better understanding of how their individual involvement has a direct impact on the Mid-South.
- Make friends and grow your network by building life-long friendships and making great professional contacts in a variety of industries in the Mid-South nonprofit, entrepreneurial, and business community.
- Priority access to UWMS Signature Events.
- Network with the most influential business and civic leaders in the Mid-South.
- Engage with Tocqueville Society C-suite members.
- Let your voice be heard at community-wide, young professional convenings and share your insights on how to address local issues.
- Play hard at happy hours and social events.
- Exercise your passion through exclusive volunteer opportunities.
- Have immediate impact and solve local issues by participating in innovation clusters.
Advisory CouncilIf you are a young leader who wants to take your community engagement to the next level, the ELU Advisory Council is the place to take your rightful seat at the table. With nearly 50 sponsored members, our Advisory Council leads the charge on advising our board, and planning special events, professional development, and volunteerism for young professionals across this community. Interested in being a part of the council? Contact [NAME, EMAIL].
Membership CriteriaELU is exclusive to individuals, ages 21-40, donating or being sponsored at $500 (Leadership Giver) or more annually to United Way of the Mid-South.
Consider becoming a member today!Come and build your brand as a community leader by connecting with other young professionals, who share a passion for making a difference in their community through education, income, and health. Want to learn more? Please fill out our interest form online so we can get in touch with you. Many companies in the Mid-South run United Way fundraising drives. If you currently participate in your company’s drive, you may already qualify for membership benefits.
- Opportunity to connect with prominent community leaders at professional development workshops
- Access to all volunteer/ social events/ agency tours
- United Way Emerging Leaders t-shirt
- Discounts on fundraising events