Funding OpportunitiesUnited Way of the Mid-South provides financial support for human service organizations
Basic Conditions for United Way Funding
Agencies seeking new or continued funding through United Way of the Mid-South (United Way) are expected to comply with the following conditions:
- Be incorporated, not-for-profit, tax exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code, and meet all applicable local, state , and federal regulations.
- Provide health or human services based on documented needs to an identifiable population and/or geographic area within the service area of United Way – specifically within the county that your agency serves.
- Be non- discriminatory and in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Have an active, rotating, volunteer Board of Directors as leadership that represents diverse elements of the community.
- Have written policies regarding conflicts of interest for board members and employees.
- Have sound program and financial management.
- Apply annually to United Way for funding unless otherwise agreed.
- Coordinate agency fundraising activities with United Way.
- Support, cooperate and identify with United Way.
- Be physically located in one of the 8 counties in the United Way service area: Crittenden, DeSoto, Fayette, Lauderdale, Shelby, Tate, Tipton or Tunica Counties.
United Way of the Mid-South provides financial support for human service organizations.
To be notified of open funding opportunities within your areas of service, please complete a Statement of Interest.